After returning from his service in World World 2, Dr. Emil Kubash, a native of Cudahy, founded Cudahy Dental Associates with Dr. James Kassner in 1958. The founding office was located in downtown Cudahy on the second floor above a drug store. Dr. Kubash and Kassner recognized the benefits of group practice and in 1964 expanded their existing office and began planning for a larger office.
In 1973 Cudahy Dental Associates opened at its current location on Packard Avenue. The practice was designed to be state of the art and was the largest dental office in the state of Wisconsin at the time. Shortly after moving to the Packard Ave location, Dr. Laurence Fridl, Dr. Thomas Busby, Dr. Frederick Austermann, Dr. Dennis Toy, Dr. John Grant, Dr. Michael Ketten, Dr. Arnold Cwik, Dr. Albert Huebner, Dr. Daniel Kult and Dr. Bruce Hartwell became part of Cudahy Dental Associates. As this doctors transitioned to retirement a new group of partners joined the practice and continue its legacy today.
In 2002 Dr. Christina Couillard, the current President of Cudahy Dental, joined the practice. Dr. Michael Jumes joined in 2013 and Dr. Zachary Melcher joined in 2018.
The dentists of Cudahy Dental have a long tradition of top notch dental care and have continued to invest in their facility and technology inorder to deliver the best patient care. Dr’s Couillard, Jumes and Melcher have continued this culture of hard work and commitment to excellence that the founding and previous partners had instilled in Cudahy Dental.
One of the most notable technological advances made was the introduction of the Cerec digital workflow. This allows the dentists to complete procedures like permanent crowns, veneers, inlays and onlays for their patients in a singe visit; and aid in digitalizing many other procedures. Cudahy Dental has also invested in 3D xray imaging allowing for treatment planning and completion of implants and more complex procedures.