To all of our patients at Cudahy Dental Associates, hope this email finds you and your family well…
We closed our doors to routine care on March 17, 2020 as recommended by the WDA in order to flatten the curve for COVID-19. Over the past 7-8 weeks we were open for limited emergency care. The WDA, in response to the new Safer-At-Home order, released updated recommendations and guidelines which help us open our doors beginning May 12, 2020.
As we have been treating emergencies it is becoming abundantly clear that our emergency rate is increasing significantly. The frequency and seriousness of these emergencies makes us uncomfortable. A simple procedure not treated today can become a complex and painful case in a short time. The need for care will continue to increase as optional dental treatments become critical over time.
It will not be “business as usual”. The health and safety of patients and our staff is of the highest importance to us. In accordance with ADA and WDA guidelines, we will be taking the following precautions:
· Increased PPE for staff including level 3 masks, face shields, and/or N95s
· Sneeze / cough shields at our front desk check-in stations
· Hand sanitizer requirements for patients as they arrive. All patients will have their temperature taken at check-in
· If proper social distancing can’t be practiced then we will ask patients to wait in their cars
· Expanded and increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all common areas
· We always adhere to universal infection control protocols to disinfect all patient contact areas
· Rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide for 1 minute before the appointment
For the time being, we ask that you do not bring family members with you if they do not have an appointment. This is a necessary precaution we need to take. If you are bringing kids in for their appointments please only have one parent or guardian come to the office. Please bring a mask with you for your appointment.
For the safety of our staff we require patients to reschedule under the following conditions:
· Experience flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, severe headache, body aches and chills)
· An immediate family member exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms in past 14 days
· Traveled out of state or come in contact with people who are suspected of having symptoms
As new information presents itself, we will make necessary adjustments to our operations and keep you informed. Your overall health and safety are of the utmost importance to us. We are looking forward to caring for you and your family’s dental needs.
Cudahy Dental Associates
6217 S. Packard Ave.
Cudahy, WI 53110